Windows doesn't use UTC for the hw clock. You set the BIOS to local time and windows works from there. Where things get messed up is when you set your hardware clock to UTC, tell Linux that and then dual boot. The time get's messed up by Windows. You might check the archives as there have been quite a few discussions on this very problem. IIRC the solution is to set the hw clock to local, set rc.conf to show that - or dump windows on the box <G>.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:08:51 -0500