I am trying to connect to my cable providor in Australia who does not
use rp-pppoe. I downloaded their Linux log-in client to install. This is
a shell script called bpalogin-2.0-linux-2.4.bin. When I ran the script it
created:

/usr/sbin/bpalogin -- the executable
/etc/bpalogin.conf -- for login information
/etc/init.d/bpalogin [start|stop|restart] -- for starting and stopping
the daemon
/usr/share/doc/bpalogin-2-0 -- Document directory

When I tried to run "/etc/init.d/bpalogin start" it errored asking:

1. How to source the function library. In the script it is set to look at
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
2. Source the networking configuration. In the script it is set to look at
. /etc/sysconfig/network

At this stage I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that if I change the
paths in the /etc/init.d/bpalogin file the programme will execute
correctly.

Be kind ...:) as I don't really know this stuff very well. The developer
claims it should run on a 2.4 kernel (which I am).

Thanks,

Alan