Sorry, I don't know how to solve your problem, but you sure didn't solve it as your mail has a tiemstamp of 11/25 1:37 am being 11/24 8:46 here :)

Marianne Taylor wrote:

On November 19, 2003 18:12, David Friggens wrote:

* Thomas T. Veldhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-11-19 09:39]:

Marianne Taylor wrote:

Does anyone know the answer to my original question. Up until about
a month ago I was keeping good time both in windows and in gentoo
with my hwclock set to local. Now for some reason everytime I boot
gentoo it thinks that the hwclock is set to UTC and corrects for that
ie) it sets the time 8 hrs earlier. So where do I look other than
rc.conf to correct this??

If at some point in the past, you booted the system with UTC in
/etc/rc.conf and then switched it to LOCAL and shut your system down. It
saved the offset time as the local time. Essentially, your system clock
was set back 8 hours. The only fix is to manually update the time
yourself using 'date'.

And then deleting /etc/adjusttime ?