Frank Schäfer wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to optimize the USE flags for my workstation.

I did an:

``emerge -Depv world''

to see which USE flags should be set to fit my needs. For some packages
i see USE possibilities, which aren't documented at

http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml

Where can I find documentation for these flags.

In  /etc/make.conf  is written:
# The available list of use flags with descriptions is in your portage tree.
# Use 'less' to view them:  --> less /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc <--

Btw.: Is there a possibility to only download all the packages reported
by ``emerge -p'' and then (somewhen) do the actually ``emerge -De'' (?)
offline?

energe -f
or  --fetchonly