On Nov 25, 2003, at 11:46 pm, Adrian Pirciu wrote:

Thanks. Now all I need is how to move the files from one computer to
another (that is, what directories should i move). The -B produces a
file or a directory of binaries ? What should I move ? To where ?

To find out for you, I emerged a small package, ran updatedb & used locate to find out what the result was. I'm a little unclear as to why you were unable to do this yourself.

`emerge -B someapp` seems to put a tbz2 archive of the binaries in /usr/portage/packages/All/. Presumably you move that to the same directory on the slower machine & then `emerge -k someapp`. Don't forget to change you CFLAGS on the fast machine to reflect the processor of the slow machine.

Stroller.