Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Matthew Baxa wrote:

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 17:11, Oliver Lange wrote:

Phil Sexton wrote:

Someone with more technical backround (less lazyness ;-P) would provide
you with a more exaustive answer, but in short you cannot undelete files
in a ReiserFS partition because of its very internal structure.

Does this count? http://recover.sourceforge.net/unix/

Oh boy, that's a clear minus point for reiserfs..

Um, all the Unix filesystems (ext2, ext3, ReiserFS, XFS, JFS, UFS) have no undelete stuff.

There was a program I used to use with ext2 before ext3 was big. I can't remember what it was called. You would add a 'LD_PRELINK' environment variable pointing at its dynamic lib that would override the unlink() function and move files into a protected environment. You could then run the associated utility to recover them. Also, it came with an *actual* ext2 undelete program that worked pretty well.

I believe you're referring to libtrash, http://m-arriaga.net/software/libtrash/ . Not for me, but interesting idea.
-Michael