To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stage one install problem

Dennis Robertson wrote:

Hello Users,
I have been happily using gentoo from a stage1 install for some time.
Happily, that is, until I upgraded my system and started another stage1
install about 24 hours ago.
This time I can't get past portage update following emerge sync because
ncurses-5.3-r2 fails with 'error: C++ processor "lib/cpp" fails sanity

check

and terminates with Function econf, line 324, Exitcode1, econf failed.

Try starting with a newer/older stage1 tarball. There may have been a

problem with the

version that you got.

--
Andrew Gaffney