On Saturday 29 November 2003 22:25, Ulrich Rhein wrote:
> Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The biggest improvement in performance will come by adding
> > -fomit-frame-pointer to your flags.
>
> That won't actually change anything but remove three instructions from
> some function calls. The resulting performance improvement is
> practically insignificant.

WTF? Have you tried it? Benchmarks give a 30% improvement across the board and
I must say there definately is a very noticable improvement to system
responsiveness. It may only remove three instructions from some function
calls, but it frees up a register or two allowing for better optimisation in
other ways.

Jason