On an athlon Tbird with 1G ram, -Os is very very slow compared to -O2
(measured).  -Os seems to be better on (very?) low memory machines, but
I have only measured on the athlon and am going on others for that info.

-fomit-frame-pointer gave a slight, but measurable improvement - hardly
worth the effort of typing it ...

But dont just take anyones word for it, start measuring and testing as
it seems that almost every system behaves differently, and everyone uses
different applications in a different manner.

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>