Hi all,

This is the first time I have tried to install Gentoo 1.4 (i686) and have spent most
of the day trying to figure out why the fdisk can not see the /dev/sda, it only see's
/dev/hda and shows me a size of 512mb.  My system is made up of a dual PII 400mhz,
with about 128mb and i have three (3) quantum 4.5gb SCSI drives, which are configured
in a RAID-5.

I ran the install and started off with the #smp command for the dual processors, then
i proceed to the fdisk to create the partitions and the filesystem, and i cant see the
drives. I should have a total of about 8700mb or almost 9gb of space but i see nothing.

Please some one lend this newbie a hand.  I am eager to get started with Linux, and
throw out my old MS box.

Thanks,

Axeios