On Sunday 30 November 2003 10:28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the first time I have tried to install Gentoo 1.4 (i686) and have
> spent most of the day trying to figure out why the fdisk can not see the
> /dev/sda, it only see's /dev/hda and shows me a size of 512mb.  My system
> is made up of a dual PII 400mhz, with about 128mb and i have three (3)
> quantum 4.5gb SCSI drives, which are configured in a RAID-5.

Is that a hardware RAID? If so, Linux should only see the one device. What is
the RAID card? It sounds like a driver problem of some sort. BTW, are you
sure it shows 512mb and not 528mb? It may be that the RAID card is set (or
not set) to do drive translation that is incompatible with Linux.

I haven't used Linux with SCSI let alone RAID so I'm just working of theory
but, if you can provide the above information, I'll provide any more help
that I can. If all else fails, somebody that knows what they're talking about
will eventually notice the thread! ;-)

Jason