Go to my computer, right click and then properties.  Then go the advanced tab
and select performance options and once again the advanced selection. Set the
size and location of the swap file.  You can make no swap file if you want or
move it to another partition.

Also, if you do a checkdisk then it may tell you it will do that on the next
reboot if XP thinks the disk is in use.