Reinhard Brandstädter wrote:
Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Reinhard Brandstädter wrote:

If you've got package A, A<-B, A<-C (x<-y meaning x depends on y) and you want to remove A, B and C should be removed too, given that there is no other package D<-C or D<-B

I had written a Perl script a few months back when I switched from Gnome to fluxbox. It needs some work, but it works for the most part. I've been thinking about updating it, but I don't have Gnome, KDE, etc. to uninstall in order to test the script.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67118

Nice piece of perl code ;-)
But since it looks "so easy" would it be a problem to integrate this feature in portage?

I wrote this code a few weeks after I learned Perl :) I need to do a complete rewrite just to take into account a lot of the things I've learned in the last several months.

--
Andrew Gaffney