trying not to sound like a newbie (being using linux for quite some
time) but i have never used this niceness thingy. so, i know a bit about
priority stuff. 1 is heighest? or is it 10? do i do a nice -(lowest
number here) setiathome, yea? actually, found out. ill try that now.
right just done it and i cant really see a major improvment, but typing
is slightly faster, and my system monitor looks different (the one in
gnome. its now all blue, not 80% blue, 20% purple like when it was when
running seti @ full wack. though its getting there now. anyway, ill try
kernel 2.6. been meaning to for a while now.
Thanks for the tips!
Lotas

--
Lotas T Smartman, MCP