> I would suggest QtParted (a gui for parted,
> http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/).  I've never used it, but it looks
> like it should work with FAT32.
>
> As already mentioned, KNOPPIX would be helpful to get started since you
> can boot from it and will have a full set of gnu/linux tools available.
>   QtParted (and hence parted) are included with the latest KNOPPIX.

I used QtParted from Knoppix to resize my 40Gb NTFS partition to something more
sensible. Didn't try fat32, though. The only problem was that XP put some stuff
(journaling files?) in the middle of the partition and I did not manage to move it, so
I wasn't able to resize to something smaller than 18Gb.
Apart from that, I had no problem with this method.

Matthieu