On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Ernie Schroder wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2003 03:22 pm, Paul Grenyer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > > I went through this when I got my new MB as well :)
> >
> > Nice to know I'm not alone. :-)
> >
> > > Try passing pci=noacpi to the kernel on boot.  Do a search on
> > > forums.gentoo.org for 'a7n8x' which also has the nforce2 chipset
> > > and caused a bunch of problems.  Hopefully the stock
> > > gentoo-sources kernel will update to 2.4.22+ which has support
> > > for that chipset.
> >
> > Will do! Thank you very much!
> >
> > Regards
> > Paul
> >
> > Paul Grenyer
> > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
> >
> > Please note my change of email address!
> >

> > --
>

> I'm just getting around to checking email (had 450 posts to gentoo to
> sift through) and saw this thread. I don't know if this is still
> valid, but with 1.4-r3 I had to boot with the gentoo -nonet option.
> It seemed wierd as the live CD found the onboard nic just fine. HTH
> --
> Regards, Ernie
> 100% Microsoft and Intel free

Hi,

My machine also has a A7N8X motherboard. I also installed from 1.4-rc3,
with no problems at all -- even no need for boot options...

I don't recall if the network driver was recognized, and if the
kernel module is on that CD.

Anyway, it's always handy to have the

NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0256.tar.gz

file on a floppy so that you can emerge nforoce-net at any time...

Elton