On Sunday 07 December 2003 01:38 am, Ian Truelsen wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:06:08 -0500
>
> Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >     You're not using a KT133 based motherboard, are you? Using any
> > AGP at all, locked up my kt133 box every time I tried to use a
> > GLX app. Nforce2 based boards ROCK with Nvidia graphics cards,
> > but VIA board are problematic.
>
> I have a kt133 mobo with an nVidia card. Everything seems to be
> working fine, though I get occasional problems with X not being
> able to open the display to launch apps. This forces me to restart
> X, but nothing that locks up the computer proper.

        Great. I'm glad someone can get the boards to work. I had 3 slot1
(athlon/slot) boards here 2 of which were KT133 chipsets. I has solid
lockups on both of the VIA boards but the 3rd board ran GLX fine. I
believe that it was an AMD chipset. That board lost the primary IDE
or else I might still be using it. At one point I was so ticked off
at VIA that I was consideringchanging my signature to the below:

--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft, VIA and Intel free