On Sunday 07 December 2003 11:35 pm, Tom Hosiawa wrote:
> After doing some googling, I know I can't mount a music cd.
>
> So if I want to rip the songs of the cd to mp3's with a program like
> lame, how do I tell it where the input wav file is? Or is there some
> better way to ripping music cd's?
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I use cdparanoia for ripping tracks off a music cd and then convert the
resultant .wav to mp3 with either lame or gogo. If you happen o build up a
decent .mp3 library it wouldn't hurt to run normalize inplace of lame/gogo
only... that way your .mp3 all have about the same volume level...

Cheers.

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing html.
    11:32pm  up 68 days,  4:25,  7 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.00