[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
031210 Oliver Lange wrote:

I just emerged rp-pppoe, but i can't get it running.
After adsl-setup, running 'adsl-start' just hangs
(tries to connect but tons of dots appear).

that happens when the distant ADSL server is down: are you sure it's up ?

or if your modem is out of sync ..., but that's in fact the same ...

When i run 'adsl-setup' and 'adsl-start' from the gentoo LiveCD,
everything works fine, but not if i boot from my installed gentoo system,
so my best guess is that my kernel config is wrong somewhere.

if you think it's your kernel, check for :

Code maturity level options  --->
  [*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers

Network device support  --->
  <M> PPP (point-to-point protocol) support
  [*]   PPP filtering
  <M>   PPP over Ethernet (EXPERIMENTAL)

of course you don't need filtering for the connection, but I guess you want to have a firewall ;-)

therefore you will have to select from

Networking options --->
[M] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
IP: Netfilter Configuration ---> (select here the targets you like to have ... or everything non-experimental [as module])