Hi,
   I built a Gentoo machine for my dad who is located about 350 miles
away. He's been using it for 2 weeks now and is loving it. Cool to see a
75 year old guy using Mozilla and Evolution.

   I have two drives at his site, one internal and one external. I've
set things up for me to do manual backups of the system to the second
drive. (/etc and /home only for now. - comments on other things I should
be backing up?) Anyway, I now want to figure out how I could rebuild the
machine from here should it ever fail.

   I have no experience in this sort of thing, so the first idea I had
was to use the Live CD if it has sshd enabled and running. If he put it
in and rebooted, would the Live CD allow anyone to log in remotely?

   Will this work? Any other ideas about how I could get ready for when
(not if) this eventually happens?

Thanks,
Mark