Something is royally messed up.

I've created the /etc/portage/package.unmask .  I put media-sound/alsa-driver
 and all the other alsa stuff a media-sound/alsa-driver or whatever the
package is in the file.  The format was media-sound/alsa-driver or
media-libs/alsa-lib.  I did this for driver, lib, tools, utils.  Supposedly
this should unmask the correct?

 I've merged all the alsa-1.0 ebuilds using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS at ~x86.  Right
now emerge -UD chokes with an error about all ebuilds that satisfy alsa-libs
are masked and the dependency is needed by alsa-utils and alsamixergui has a
depend/depend situation.

>>> --upgradeonly implies --update... adding --update to options.

Calculating world dependencies \
!!! all ebuilds that could satisfy ">=media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.0_rc2" have
been masked.
!!!    (dependency required by "media-sound/alsa-utils-1.0.0_rc2" [ebuild])

!!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/alsamixergui-0.9.0.1.2-r3
!!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.

!!! Depgraph creation failed.

Well alsamixergui shows an R if I try to merge it  alone and it merges fine -
no complaints about anything.

How do I tell emerge to shutup about this?   I guess I could take the ~x86
out of all the ebuilds but the next rc would cause this problem again.

Also I notice this ebuild is slotted for 0.9, not 1.0.