> I'd give your dns server a second IP as Stephan suggested, then put dnscache
> on one internal IP and dnscachex on the other altering any port forwards as
> needed, with tiny on localhost.
> You also might want to seperate your dns for internal machines on to a
> subdomain, I use home.mydomain.com.
> All your machines would then use the dnscache IP to resolve.
>
> - --
> Mike Williams

Following Stephans advice, everything seems to work now. I created a
alias ip for eth0 and set dnscache to listen on it. The only thing I did
different from what you suggested is set tinydns to listen on the lan ip
(192.168.1.2) instead of localhost, but I don't think that matters.

I'm curious though what you mean by putting the internal machines on a
subdomain. Would that be done by changing names of internal machines
from b.mydomain.ca to b.home.mydomain.ca and leaving the server as
a.mydomain.ca?

Tom