begin  quote
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:42:49 +0100
mathieu perrenoud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 December 2003 04.20, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:59:02 -0800 (PST) Stephen Turner
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > | hey guys i was curious where and how to save custom ebuilds i
> > | wanted
> > | to emerge? thanks
> >
> > If they're from BMG, /dev/null is a good place.
>
> what's wrong with BMG's ebuilds?

The bugs we get from users who come around wanting
-SHINEY-SPARKLE-NEW-BROKEN-BROKEN-BADQUALITY- ebuilds who then think
that its ok to bug us on things that they in their limited scope of mind
consider "unrelated" because its "not the package I got from BMG.

Guess what?
REFORMAT YOUR SYSTEM. REDO. REINSTALL.

We've had a lot of trouble with end users who take this, shiney,
sparkly, new, and KNOWN BROKEN. thing, install it, realize its BROKEN,
remove the ebuild and fix something up, then two weeks later their
system breaks when compiling, and lo and behold... They still had that
bad header file there, or it was that development library lying around
that wasn't useful.

That, together with their usually way off syntax errors, Mangled
KEYWORDS  and totally broken DEPEND section, makes me abhor and loathe
BMG ebuilds.

So,
   I want a contract, written in your blood, on your soul and with the
skin peeled from your back as parchment that you promise to wipe your
whole harddrive before ever touching the Gentoo bugzilla again.

No, I don't care that you think you know what you are doing,  others
thought so too. Insisted on it even.  Did that help?

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!