Collins ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> On Sunday 28 December 2003 01:33, Meka[ni] wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:05:54 +0100

> > > When I tried emerge --pretend dvdrtools I got the normal response telling
> > > me what is to be built. When I tried the same with the dvd+rw-tools
> > > emerge told me there is no such package. I assume that this is because of
> > > this "masked" thing, but how can I install this anyway?
> > >
> > > --
>

> >     emerge --pretend /usr/portage/app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools. If that doesn't work
> > try to change ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in /etc/make.conf. Good luck
> >

> Just a note: you never need to update /etc/make.conf for this operation; just
> issue ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge ...".

One of the reasons it may be masked is because it is for older dvd+rw
drives only.  If you just bought your DVD+/-R/RW drive, you can safely
stick with dvdrtools and it's dependencies.  There was a thread on this
list just today about DVD backups.  This link was listed:

http://james.nontrivial.org/projdvd.htm

It seems the main sticking point right now is splitting the larger
DVD-9(7.95G) into two DVD-5's (4.7G).  The script he wrote appears to
use transcode (15-20hours, :( ), but I haven't read the script yet.

According to dvdbackup's README, he plans on implementing a '-S' split
option to split without transcoding.  When? dunno...

Let me know if you find anything new.

Cooper.