On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 01:28:21 -0800
Ben Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see this same thing all the time... would love to know why...
>
> Tom Richards wrote:
>
> >  >>> Auto-cleaning packages ...
> > !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> > !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> > !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> > !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd

Portage developers are normally very responsive, but this minor glitch
has gone on for months and has consumed lots of bandqwidth on this list,
forums, and bugzilla, but they've not fixed it.  It's even a sticky etry
on forums (Portage & Programming).

Also, the decision to issue the other message during clean when there
are no packages to remove is a bad idea (tm).  This has also consumed
mucho bandwidth.

I even get this crap (both varieties) on my new system installed to beta
test of the gentoo 2004.0 release and have so complained (see archives).

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon!

--
Collins