Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> Do I really have to copy all the linke from
> the "boot" and "default" runlevel to the new "xdm"?! This would mean
> that everytime I "add" or "del" from "boot" or "default" I would have
> to update "xdm", too.

"boot" is always executed no matter which softlevel you choose. But your
criticism concerning an additional maintenance for "default" and "xdm" is
true. I also dislike it.

> The "default" runlevel already includes the "boot" runlevel. Is there
> a way to say something like
> "softlevel=noxdm, include runlevel boot default"?

Did I get you right? You want a softlevel "noxdm" that includes "boot" and
"default" and another softlevel includes "boot", "default" and "xdm"? Well
the first one is "default". But for the second I have no idea yet. But I am
pretty sure there must be an elegant solution, maybe
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rc-scripts.xml gives a hint.

best regards
Martin