On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:58:19PM +0100, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:51, Fred Labrosse wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > When I power off from gentoo, the computer is actually not powered off
> > (Winblow does though).  I have APM compiled in the kernel, I have tried
> > both possibilities for CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF, to no avail.
> >
> > Anybody has any other suggestion?
> >
> I use APM too and it works. Did you emerge 'apmd' and add it to the runlevel?

apmd is not needed.

I .config settings are:

CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
#
# ACPI Support
#
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set

However, I use the ac-sources, since I have made best experices with
them.

HTH,

Thomas