right. i asked this in the forums
(http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=119717&highlight=distcc+mac)
and i just wanted to find out something. apple released some patches and
code for GCC to make it customized for the mac. if i download and
install this, is there a chance it will work? also, is there a chance i
could kill GCC Standard for my PC? the reason is because my mac is
seriously underpowered. there is a few things i need to compile on it
and distcc makes sence. it would use the power of my dual athlon, a
duron 700 and a soon to be added to the network 1.33Gz Athlon too.
Any tips would be handy. there is more on the distcc site here
(http://distcc.samba.org/faq.html#cross-to-darwin).
I supose the major question though is will it kill my system? can i
still use the old compiler?
--
Lotas T Smartman, MCP
www.lotas-smartman.net