On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Norbert Kamenicky wrote:

> > I have two sound cards (emu10k1 and via82xx) using Alsa. Both modules
> > load, however only the em10k1 has a /dev/sound/dsp device created for
> > it.
> >
> > Do I need to create the devices manually? If so, where can I find out
> > how to create them properly?

Just last night I gave a stab at getting both devices on my es1371
working in ALSA, as they did with OSS.  At http://www.alsa-project.org, I
found the information I needed.  I had already found that 'aplay -l' will
list all your alsa devices, but I didn't know how to refer to them.  I
discovered that using 'hw:0,1' (with -D) would give me the second device.
No -D is the same as 'hw:0,0'.  My next task will be to set up an
asound.conf that sets up a mixer so I don't have to specify a device -
just play to default and get the first available device.  Meanwhile, my
IM's beep on the second device, and everything else will play on the
first.

--
CAUTION: Product will be hot after heating