On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 12:50, Mike Morrell wrote:

>   It would be nice to share the portage.  I hate having to sync multiple
> portages all the time and losing 2.5GB of disk space on every machine I
> have.

Then choose one machine as a "master" machine, and nfs serve
/usr/portage/distfiles off of that machine, as well as turn on the rsync
server for /usr/portage (excluding the distfiles directory). Then setup
a cron to emerge sync and then emerge -Duf world.

For all your other machines, have them nfs mount the distfiles
directory, and have their SYNC in make.conf point to the "master" rsync
server.

I do this with a number of machines, and it so far seems to work quite
well.

Sean