On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:19:21 +0100
Norbert Kamenicky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> in case u are using devfs (gentoo standard) devices are
> created "on the fly" by kernel.
>
> So the reason why u haven't device for second card
> is probably because something went wrong.
> It's not a problem to make device using mknod command,
> but it probably wouldn't work anyway.

Well, I agree that something is wrong, but I have no idea what it would
be. In short, Alsa shows the card with aplay -l and it produces sound
using aplay -D hw:1,0. Alsamixer -c 1 allows me to set the levels.

I finally created the /dev/dsp1 with mknod and that works properly and I
created a link to /dev/sound/dsp1 for alsa support. This is fine, as far
as it goes, but with devfsd, I shouldn't have to and I don't have any
idea why it is not working as it should.

--
Ian Truelsen
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Signature key (742B740D) available at pgp.mit.edu