I have this persisting problem with incorrect glyphs being rendered in stead of the most of the IPA character block of unicode. According to gucharmap utility these wrong glyphs are contained in font called Nimbus Sans L, which doesn't even seem to exist in any of the common font-directories. Furthermore the incorrect glyphs are from cyrillic unicode block, which is located right before the IPA block, so I assume there's just a minor mistake in some font file?

Anyways, I am currently unable to read any course material on phonetics on my gentoo box, so if anyone would even know a way to disable these fonts I'd appreciate it. And since it doesn't exist on Debian, Redhat or windows boxes with similar configurations I have reason to believe it is a gentoo problem, but I have opted not to report it to bugzilla yet as I am unable to find details on it (such as, what package would the problem belong to).

--
.signature: No such file or directory