Hi Angelo,

> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usb/ttyUSB2
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usb/ttyUSB3  ... up  to 15
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usblp0
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usblp1
> modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/usblp2 ... up to 15
> and so on.

It seems that cups is trying to find a usb printer. And your hotplug
service (I think you are running hotplug, aren't you ???) is trying to
load a module for the several devices cupsd is trying to acess, but it
can't be successfull in loading these modules because there are no such
modules. Problem is that I cannot tell you at the moment how to prevent
cupsd from trying to acess usb printers. Maybe you can try googling
after "cups usb" to find some answers. What I can tell you is that these
error messages shouldn't be a problem. Cupsd should start anyway. After
you started the cupsd server just check if the process is running and
continue with the printing guide on gentoo.org e.g. try to print a test
page.

brgds, Marc