Andrej Kacian wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:29:27 -0500
Phil Barnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please note the difference between

su

and

su -

su changes to the new user without changing the existing environment.

su - changes to the new user and takes on all characteristics of the new user
including the new user's normal environment.

Big difference.

When I issue `su` command and try to compute a digest for an ebuild, it works.
However, when I issue `su -` and then I try to compute the digest, I get
following error:

# ebuild eremove-1.4.ebuild digest
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebuild", line 34, in ?
    a=portage.doebuild(pargs[0],x,getroot(),debug=debug)
TypeError: doebuild() takes at least 4 non-keyword arguments (3 given)

I assume there is something about getroot() function, but I don't know what.

Is there any way to fix this? If so, how?

Thanks.