On 00:17 Wed 21 Jan     , Tianran Chen wrote:
> i am now using kernel 2.4.22-gentoo-r5, following exactly the steps shown,
> i set up the the boot splash, recompile the kernel (this kernel is already
> patched) and generate the initrd. but after reboot, i got error message
> saying that:
>
> RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
>
> it seems the initrd image is invalid.
>
> can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Hmm.  Was /boot mounted when you copied the initrd over?  Are you using the
genkernel automagic-everything, or doing it manually?  What was the exact
command you used to make the initrd?

Also, you were following the steps shown . . . where?

I'm no expert, but I think the guys that are will need to know this stuff.

-R