On Saturday 31 January 2004 02:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I was looking ("find"ing )  the unpacked source, so the package
> didn't turn up.  So your saying I should "emerge", then untar the
> source, and recompile?   I want to hack my own modules, naturally
> these cannot be emerged.  Does emerge have an option to untar the
> source?  Is it intended for that type of stuff?
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something here.  My point is that I want to
> write my own module extensions and recompile.

emerge --help will show you:

--fetchonly (-f short option)
Instead of doing any package building, just perform fetches for
all packages (main package as well as all dependencies.) When
used in combination with --pretend all the SRC_URIs will be
displayed multiple mirrors per line, one line per file.

So just do an "emerge -f apache", then untar the source from
/usr/portage to a dircectory of your choice, then modifiy and
compile it like you want.

cu

lukas

--
** PGP-key available on keyserver pgp.mit.edu **

3261 D27B D604 8B8A D6BF  74ED D0E8 99D7 D3B9 F7CE

Please don't sign your public mail unless your
PGP-key is available for everyone!