On Friday 13 February 2004 09:55 pm, Linux Gentoo wrote:
> As a new user of Gentoo, may I ask a dumb question...  How would one go
> about trying this new kernel?
>
> I imagine I need to emege something, then run menuconfig and compile,
> but are there instructions someplace on just what to do?  And will I be
> able to save all my 2.4 related files in case something goes wrong?
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

It depends on which one you want. There is gentoo-dev-sources, and mm sources
and maybe one or two others.

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 03:47:45 +0100
>
> Jakub Krajcovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > for all those that are skeptical about the 2.6 kernels, and for all
> > those that still haven't switched, have a look here:
> >
> > http://www.infoworld.com/infoworld/article/04/01/30/05FElinux_1.html
> >
> > --
> >

> > GPG public keys available at pgp.mit.edu

Chris P. Carter
 The smallest and even the dumbest of questions can lead to enlightenment.

 True wisdom is knowing when to listen, when to speak, when act and when to
but out.
Gentoo Linux - KDE 3.2 (and proud of it)