On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:36:08 -0600
"Bill Jenkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How in the world did all you guys get gentoo working???  I can' t get
> it to boot.
> Grub gives me "error 8: kernel must be loaded before booting"
> I've posted my grub.conf, /etc/fstab, output of parted.  I've compiled
> the scsi driver for my card,
> an adaptec 2940u2w, directly into the kernel. I even went into my
> /boot dir and made a simlink:
> ln -s  /boot/kernel-2.4.22-gentoo-r7 /boot/bzImage because I thought
> it might be looking for something by that name.

<snip>

Did you post your grub.conf to this list?  If so, I missed it.  Please
post it again.  Did you mount /boot before installing the kernel?  You
don't need a symlink to  bzImage; you can call the kernel anything you
like, as long as you pass it to grub correctly in grub.conf.

--
Barry Marler
Information Analyst II