On 3 Mar 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Norbert Kamenicky wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody :-)
>>
>> After upgrading to KDE 3.2 if I left click on any button which
>> opens a list (i.e. KDE icon button, task list etc.) I have 30%
>> chance that mouse and keyboard become frozen until the time
>> I press left-ALT keyboard button.
>> It's really very annoying.
>>
>> Anybody else experienced this ?
>>
> Hi. I'm glad you acknowledged this. For some time now I've been
> having this type of problem and it's driving me crazy! Sometimes
> (frequently, probably 75% of the time) when I copy a URL, and then
> click on Klipper to pick it from the list, the list pops up, but
> then everything in kde stops, except for my mouse pointer. The only
> way I've found to get back to a 'normal' state was to switch to a
> VC, but maybe that's because I press left ALT in doing so. I'll have
> to try this. Note that I've never had this problem on anything other
> than Klipper though. I have the kmenu, control center and home
> directory lists on my kicker bar and these all work fine.
>
> If you find a solution/cause for this, please let me know.

I see a similar problem on my Solaris box at work which does not
happen on my Gentoo linux box at home. In my case sometimes when I
select a task in the taskbar that has several windows associated with
it the system seems to freeze when the menu to select the window
appears. However the keyboard still works so I can use the cursor keys
to move up and down the menu plus select an entry by pressing return.
Once I have done this KDE comes back to life. This started happening
when I upgraded QT to 3.2.2 without changing the version of KDE I had
at the time - probably 3.1.3. It has persisted since even after
upgrading both QT and KDE, so I still see it with my current setup of
KDE 3.2 and QT 3.3.0. This makes me think the problem is in QT.
However other people at work that are using the same version do not
see the problem!

Steve
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       WEB:    http://www.gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encyption Key:          http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html