I have a ASUS A2400H Laptop. I followed the following two forum threads and
have WEP working on my PCMCIA Netgear WG511.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=177446&highlight=wg511

The thread above is the for the WG511

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=225871&highlight=wg511

This thread is for wireless configuration and startup. It currently supports
WEP encryption. Last I checked UberLord is still working on getting WAP
working.

This will get your wireless configuration working.

A couple of hints:

1.  I noticed you have madwifi-driver installed. Do a:

emerge unmerge madwifi-driver

To remove it. Trying to use multiple drivers at once may cause problems.

2.  I have not yet used it but the net-wireless/wpa_supplicant package
supports WPA and the Prism chipset. I'm not sure if it uses the PRISM54
kernel driver and have not as yet messed with a working configuration.

David Stewen