Marcin Daczkowski wrote:
Hello!

I have just noticed that pdflib and wine are not listed by `emerge
-upvD world`. But when I manually do `emerge -upv pdflib` or `emerge
-upv wine` it shows that there are new versions for them. I have
similar problem with cups. But after `euse -E cups` it showed up in
`emerge -upvD world` list, so I suspect that it can somehow be problem
with flags. I noticed a lot of use flag changes (i.e i am sure cups
was enabled before, but probably not in make.conf - does use defaults
changed?). What can be a problem here? I just can have more apps that
can be updated but I don't have idea which and I really like to be
up-to-date :P

If those packages aren't in the world file *and* they aren't a dependency of any installed package (the package that needed them has been unmerged, for example), they won't show up in a 'emerge -uDpv world'. You may want to run 'emerge -p depclean', add anything you want to keep (like cups and wine) to the world file, and then run 'emerge depclean'.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Gentoo Linux Developer