Eugene Rosenzweig wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Gehlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I also disagree on package.keywords since it's better to
test if emerge goes well and that module actually works
before making any static changes regarding keywords
or even USE- & FEATURES-flags for that matter.

I guess it is a matter of preference after all you can always edit the file again and remove the line. After all even if you use the ACCEPT_KEYWORD and are happy with the outcome you would want to put the line into the package.keywords or I think emerge would want to downgrade the package next time?

Yes, but... if you put the line into /etc/portage/package.keywords and it doesn't work out, you have to remove it, so you have edited the file twice.

If you test with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS (because in this case it actually is a test, which is what that command line option is for), you only have to edit /etc/portage/package.keywords once (if the test works) or not at all (if it doesn't).

Saves work, and avoids duplication of labor, but just under these circumstances (where you actually are not sure if you want/need/can use the ~arch package).

Holly