On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 08:38 +0100, Frank Schafer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the original poster (me ;), got the card (ipw2200) working, would very
> like to use the gentoo methods, but wasn't able to get wpa_supplicant
> (masked) to work.
> He tried to ebuild wpa_supplicant and the (needless) madwifi was
> downloaded and installed too amd the build failed.

I don't thhink madwifi does get installed, the madwifi package is not a
dependency of wpa_supplicant. the madwifi source does get downloaded
though, presumably it is needed in order to compile wpa-supplicant.

did you take the steps stated at the end of the ebuild, ie make a config
file?

did you start the wpa_supplicant service?