On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 16:53 +0100, Frank Schafer wrote:
> as I wrote. The wpa_supplicant build failed.

what were the error messages? have you posted a bug to bugs.gentoo.org?
please do, as its the only way it will be fixed.

> No wpa_supplicant
> executable exists. Downloading the packet and build it due to the
> README
> in the package works. No madwifi needed. The download of madwifi is
> that
> what hurts me, not the build.

get over it, its only 1.5M isn't it? the docs for wpa_supplicant show
that it is designed to be modular enough to cope with a number of
different drivers, obviously the ebuild id building for drivers you
aren't using. perhaps you should amend the ebuilsd to use yet more USE
variables so it only compiles the bits that YOU need.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>