knew i had seen it somewhere:

http://chinstrap.alternating.net/

"Project Chinstrap aims to provide relatively new binary packages to the Gentoo
GNU/Linux distribution.
It is unofficial, experimental, and not supported by Gentoo.
We do not take responsibility for any results of using the binaries provided.

The files are only accessible through http.

It is always in the stage of beta testing.
This means that we would like feedback from the users."