Thanks Ralph,

I'm using kernel 2.6.9-gentoo-r4

If I'm not mistaken I believe I set the IDE-SCSI emulation on M with 2.6 and Y
with the old 2.4 kernel witch I only used for a short time, without making use
of the burner. I therefor do not know if the detections was correct or equal
with every program with 2.4.

cdrecord's output is (scipping the blank lines) :
0,0,0     0) 'PIONEER' 'DVD-ROM DVD-305' '1.05' Removable CD-ROM
0,5,0     5) 'EPSON' 'SCANNER GT-7000' '1.14' Processor
0,6,0     6) 'PLEXTOR' 'CD-R PX-W1210S' '1.06' Removable CD-ROM
1,3,0   103) 'IBM' Disk
1,6,0   106) 'IBM' Disk

for ATAPI it is :
0,1,0     1) 'PLEXTOR' 'DVDR PX-708A' '1.08' Removable CD-ROM
1,0,0   100) 'ADAPTEC' NON CCS Disk
1,6,0   106) 'ADAPTEC' NON CSS Disk

Witch is all correct except for the Adaptec's, I do not know where that comes
from. Only xcdroast does detect everithing correct.

Greetings,
William.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:13:18 +0100
Ralph Slooten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Re: [gentoo-user] CD/DVD burning :

> It depends also on what kernel you are using. Seeing as you don't
> mention, it makes it a little hard ;-)
>
> Are you using IDE-SCSI emulation in your kernel?
>
> What do:
>       cdrecord -scanbus
> and
>       cdrecord -dev=ATAPI -scanbus
> produce?
>
> Greetings
> Ralph
>

> William Meertens wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What's the logical explanation for this :
> >
> > I have three drives 1 IDE and 2 SCSI divided in :
> > 1 IDE writer
> > 1 SCSI writer
> > 1 SCSI reader
> >
> > k3b detects only one :
> > writer : /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/cd
> > no scsi detected
> >
> > Eclipt Roaster and Gnome Toaster only detect scsi :
> > Eroaster : 0,0,0 and 0,6,0
> > Gtoaster : /dev/sr0 (0,0,0) and /dev/sr1 (0,6,0)
> > no ide detected
> >
> > GCDmaster detects a lot :
> > for scsi :
> > 0,0,0 --> no disk
> > 0,6,0 --> no disk
> > for ide :
> > ATAPI: 0,1,0 --> no disk
> > ATAPI: 1,0,0 --> ready
> > ATAPI: 1,6,0 --> ready
> >
> > All the latest builds with the same USE variables. When using emerge -pv all
> > dependencies turn up +red except the -debug is blue, witch is normal because
> > it's not in my USE variable. What else is there to control this. The
> > programs itself do not find anything that I input manually in the settings.
> >
> > Thanks in advance and for your attention,
> > William.

http://www.meewi.be                                       SMILE
http://www.ladiescycling.net                       it cost nothing and
http://www.hostinglc.net                           it's beyond price !