Hi Tony,

> So I can get my WinTV card working properly. Apparently I needed the new
> ATI drivers but I've been told from previous output I've been asked to
> supply that they are not working properly.

Ok.  The Ati drivers won't give you any more than the Xorg radeon driver
in this case.  With a possible exception of possible video encoding in your
video card if it has an R300 (ATI 9600) or higher chip.

> Right, I done that, got a window with three cogs spinning with this output:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tony $ glxgears
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

So, it's missing DRI.  In your /etc/X11/xorg.conf, uncomment the
last 3 lines -

# Section "DRI"
#    Mode 0666
# EndSection

and reload X.  This assumes that DRI was built into your systems running kernel.

> My TV only needs 50 FPS but it's still very jittery as if missing frames.

That can be caused by other things in your system.  On most systems the PCI
bus is shared among hard drives, audio (AC'97 makes it worse) the WinTv data
stream, etc.  It's kind of a - depends thing.  A PCI audio card with a DSP
onboard may help.  More memory could help.  Setting the monitor refesh rate
to 50 fps and turning on Sync to VBlank may help.

Even your choice of kernel parameters can make a difference here.  While I
probably kind of ignored most of this thread (I grew tired of all the Ati bugs,
dug out my old Nvidia GeForce3 and am much happier now).  How about some
hardware
details on your system - chips, memory type and speed, cpu type and speed, etc.?

Thanks,

Bob
-

--