On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 04:20:45PM -0700, Nicolas Bailey wrote the following:
> Since proftpd is just a dependency of gproftpd, there's no reason to
> unmerge proftpd first.  Just emerge gproftpd if you want to give it a
> try.
>
> Nick

Either way, I'm still having problems. Different problems to be sure but
problems none the less.

Despite telling it to use /var/log/secure for its log file, it continues to
try and look in /var/lib/log

Also, whenever I put the port to 21, it goes offline, when I put it to 20 it
comes back online. For some reason it refuses to use port 21. No matter. I
set my router to forward external port 21 to internal port 20 and my ftp
client will not connect. It says connection is refused to
joseph-a-nagy-jr.us despite me telling it to connect to
ftp.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us

Other then that gproftpd is a dream to work with.

--
Joseph A. Nagy Jr.
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince | Jabber: