Dion Sole wrote:
And if coldplug, which you should be using over hotplug for bootup detection, doesnt work, just add the required modules to your 2.6 module autoload file.
That way, it will be detected by udev correctly and the device nodes will be created, assuming that udev has an entry to tell it about your hardware.

Good point. Or build the driver into your kernel instead of as a module. Udev/hotplug/the kernel have been getting better and better at this - I have only a single module I need to load in the autoload file (psaux) - everything else is being auto-detected and udev creates the required devices.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,