Ð ÑÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐ ÐÑ 13 ÐÐÐÑÐÐÑ 2005 02:00 PK ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ(a):
> Is there a place where I can find a decent step by step howto for
> installing and confuguring apache mysql and php?
>
> I found one on the forums, here
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=2086047#2086047
>
> But I followed it exactly and got errors

Here`s a brief overview what you need to do:
1)USE='mysql' emerge apache mysql mod_php
2) to enable mod_php in apache2 you need uncomment this line:
APACHE2_OPTS="-D PHP4"
in /etc/conf.d/apache2

this is correct for php-4.3.x , I don`t know about php-5.x :-)
3) start apache and mysql:
/etc/init.d/apache2 start
/etc/init.d/mysql start
3a) You need to setup mysql. See /etc/mysql/my.cnf
4) Add to default run level mysql and apache:
rc-update add apache2 default
rc-update add mysql default